Sisyphus fully understood the daunting challenge of Easter at Moone Athy.
To lessen his burden, The Management has requested that OurRumpus list the various needs for the Easter festivities and solicit assistance from the clan. To this end the following needs have been identified. If you can help with any of these, simply reply in the Comment Section below so that everyone can pitch in without reduplicating efforts. Also, once we have an established protocol we can use this as a template each year for the occasion. Here goes:
Please sign up for one (or more) of the following:
For the Food Gatherers – I know there are no Hunters
Running Tally as of 8:37:32 AM Apr 10
Adults: 30, Children 17
- Volunteer Director – 2009 – Sarah Fehlig
- Coordinates Food Assignments
- Coordinates with Gina for setup/serving/cleanup
- Ensures necessary supplies on hand – paper products (dinner and dessert plates and plastic cups), salt/pepper, creamer, coffee/tea, dish soap, dish towels
- Extends invitations to extended family – John Harney, Charlie Skinner, Helen and Geaorge Quick, Karen Kalish, Clay and Jean Skinner
- Optional Activities – Wild Flower Walk, Children’s Activities, etc.
“…every family with egg hunting children, please bring:
1) at least 1 doz. dyed easter eggs for every egg hunting child you own
2) at least 1 bag of individually wrapped candies
even if you don’t own egg hunting children, you are of course welcome to contribute
3) this year we’d like to start the tradition of a “golden egg hunt”. A commemerative 2009 Moone Athy Golden Easter Egg (currently on order from J.A. Whitney) will be hidden far from the farm house. The easter bunny will leave treasure maps and a group hunt will ensue (adults and children included). The golden eggs will be collected each year, kept at the farm, and displayed every easter.
i know hunting is forbidden at the farm, but this is one of three exceptions that we make…so don’t miss this opportunity! looking forward to seeing you all…”
- Hors d’ Oeurves – McClellands
- Lamb, Gravy – Sarah and Ed Fehlig (hip hip hooray)
- New Potatoes with Butter/Parsley – Gina Osburn
- Asparagus and Hollandaise Sauce – Quicks
- Buttered Rolls, Mint Jelly – Kate Smith
- Salad – Tatums
- Desserts – 2 Volunteers – Sarah Dunn, Lori Judy, and Helen Quick
- Wine – Quicks (4 Bottles), Halcombs (1 Bottle), Rob and Elizabeth Judd
- Cheese and Crackers – Laws
- Beer – Halcombs, Rob and Elizabeth Judd
- Juice and Bubbly Water – Dellie and Qun Sha
- Ice –Bobby and Mary Dunn
- Children’s Drinks – Lori Judy
Rsvps should be sent via the Comments Section below. Be sure to include names of all family members (children too) as well as any guests. Also let us know via the Comments what you plan to bring. Bring lots! and Often!
Sisyphus will be ready for drinks and Hors d’Oeuvres at 12:00 Noon, and his Easter Dinner will commence at 1:15PM. Egg Hunt time at the discretion of the Egg Hunt Director – Sis can’t wait to put down his load! Please Help! We hope to see you there…